SCORE Austin Celia Bell Entrepreneur Awards Application
In 2019, SCORE Austin will offer its third annual Celia Bell Entrepreneur Awards to three exceptional local business owners or not-for-profits for their dedication to starting, growing and nurturing a small business or not-for-profit organization. The awards reflect SCORE’s mission to help start and grow small businesses, as well as SCORE Austin mentor Celia Bell’s creativity, dedication and passion. Celia has helped start and grow many small businesses across Austin.
For the past 55 years, through education, mentoring and business resources, SCORE has provided free small business advice, educated entrepreneurs and helped small businesses start, grow, and maintain their businesses.
Do you think your small business or not-for-profit is exceptional? To receive formal recognition, please consider entering the SCORE Austin Celia Bell Entrepreneur Awards.
SCORE Austin will award three prizes based on eligibility:
1. Small Business Category ($5,000 prize)
Qualifications: You must be in business at least 2 years with an annual revenue minimum of $250,000. You must have had at least 3 mentoring sessions or attended 3 workshops.
2. Start Up Business Category ($1,500 prize)
Qualifications: You must be in business at least 18 months with an annual revenue of $75,000 or more. You must have had 3 mentoring sessions or attended 3 workshops.
3. Not-for-Profit Category ($1,500 prize)
Qualifications: You must be in business at least 18 months with a minimum annual revenue of $75,000.
SCORE Austin will award the three grand prizes at a luncheon on September 24,2019 at The Austin Downtown Library.
In addition, SCORE Austin will make videos of the top three finalists in each category. Those nine videos will be shown at the awards luncheon, shared on social media, and then gifted to the applicants to use for their own marketing efforts.
Please submit the application information below to the SCORE Austin’s office at 5524 Bee Cave Road, Building M, Austin, Texas 78746 in person or by email to score.austin@scorevolunteer.
The judges are business owners and community leaders (not SCORE mentors).
● Name of applicant.
● Owner’s name and email address.
● Business or not-for-profit’s name, physical address, business telephone, website url and social media handles.
● Award for which you are applying.
● Name of business or not-for- profit, legal structure, year formed, how long in business and how many years your business has earned revenue or raised not-for-profit funds.
● Number of employees or contractors, other than yourself, who are currently in your company or not-for-profit.
● 2018 annual revenue and your projections for 2019 annual revenue.
● The name of your mentor.
● Have you or your company participated in a community project? Please share.
● In 500 words or less, describe your products and/or services and the customers/clients you serve.
● In a short paragraph, describe why you started your business or not-for-profit and why you are motivated to serve this market/need.
● In 500 words or less tell us the future goals for your business/organization and how this will further serve a need in the community.
● In a short paragraph, describe your background, including skills, prior work experience, education, certification and business training;
● In a short paragraph, describe how this award will strengthen your business or not-for-profit and help to achieve your goals.
● In a short paragraph, explain how you will manage the growth that may result from the publicity generated from winning this award.
GOOD LUCK and thank you for serving the greater Austin community!