How I can help you
Skilled on Government Contracting and International Trade; Imports/Exports.
I enlisted into the Army in 1995 as a Forward Observer, which I worked for 5 years, and then I worked as government contractor for 17 years. During the 17 years, I worked for ITT Inc. and Exelis Inc. for 16 years, which I started as the mail clerk, then Shipping/Receiving and Property, then Trade Compliance, and finally as the SB Program Analyst/Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO). Harris Corp. bought Exelis Inc. on July 1, 2015, which I continued to be the acting SBLO administrating over 80 contracts, so to make sure the programs are make their small business requirements. I have 5+ years of experience of Trade Compliance and Customs, working with Government database systems in Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR), and other government agencies (e.g. OFAC, DOD, DOJ, BIS, DOS, DOC, CBP, DISAM, NRC, APHIS, FDA, etc.). Understanding and finding government regulations from the U.S.C., C.F.R., F.T.R., FAR, and DFAR. Writing and updating Internal Operating Procedures (IOP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Provide assistance and guidance to internal (Purchasing, Contracts, S&R, PMs) and external customers. Developed an international recording and retention system for audits. Also, I have 4 years experience as an SBLO, which develops and promotes company policy statements in consideration for awarding contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders to small business. Maintain the corporate small business advocacy program for outreach efforts. Conducts training and provides assistance relevant to SB concerns and outreach to contracts, procurement, project, and proposal personnel. Establishes, monitors, and controls SB reporting for management, procurement personnel, corporate personnel, and Government agencies. Develops/authors Subcontract Plans including percentages and dollar goals for participation of SB concerns for Federal Agency contracts, proposals, and modifications where the proposed effort offers subcontracting opportunities in accordance with RFP/Contract Terms and Conditions. Responsible for compiling and maintaining database of potential SB concerns to assist technical and procurement personnel in locating/sourcing and contracting with such concerns. Coordinates small business self certification compliance process. Implements, maintains, and reports on Mentor-Protégé Agreements while participating in the Mentor Protégé Program with various contracts and various Government Agencies. Analyzes procurement and supplier diversity trends, benchmarking information and industry best practices. Is involved and supports compliance reviews by the Small Business Administration, DCMA, Internal/External Audits, and other oversight agencies as required.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Government & Regulations
- Intellectual Property
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Government Contracting
- Personal Services and Wellness
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Marketing, Advertising and Creative Services
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- International Trade, Imports / Exports
- I have finished my MBA in Business Management for Supply Chain Management and Logistics on December 2012; with a GPA of 3.9. MBA, Supply Chain Management and Logistics, at Colorado Technical University, Dec. 22, 2012.
- LSS Green Belt Certificate, November 18, 2010.
- B.S. Degree in Business Management, at Colorado Technical University, Dec. 19, 2009.
- Acquired Certificates through ITC, SIA, BIS, Partnering for Compliance, DISAM, and WTC in Denver over Trade Compliance and Customs Regulations.
- Associate of Arts, at Pikes Peak Community College, 2005.
- Associate of General Sciences, at Pikes Peak Community College, May 8, 2004.
- Leadership Development, at Central Texas College, 1998.
- Pre-major, Mankato State University, Mankato, MN, 1994.
- Business Economics Education Foundation (BEEF), Minneapolis, MN, 1991.